09 Jul Blueberry Tart with Walnut Crust
These fresh blueberry tarts have a deliciously textured homemade crust and are packed full of fresh blueberry filling and a splash of maple syrup.
Serving Size: 4 glasses | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup walnuts , lightly toasted
- 1 t
- Pinch of salt
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, divided
How To Do It:
- To prepare crust: Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Coarsely chop walnuts in a food processor. Add graham cracker crumbs and process until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Whisk egg white in a medium bowl until frothy. Add the crumb mixture, butter, oil and salt; toss to combine.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9-inch removable-bottom tart pan. Set the pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until dry and slightly darker around the edges, about 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling: Beat cream cheese, sour cream and 1/4 cup maple syrup in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- When the crust is cool, spread the filling evenly into it, being careful not to break up the delicate crust.
- Arrange blueberries on the filling, pressing lightly so they set in.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup over the berries. Chill for at least 1 hour to firm up.
Make it Tonight!
Visit us online or in-store to get cooking today!Shop Online Find a Store