02 Dec Chocolate Crunch Peppermint Bark Recipe
Warning: when you go barking up the holiday tree, this addictive seasonal sweet may fall from its branches. Whip up a few batches to make the chocolaty crunching the soundtrack of your holiday season—trust us, you’re going to want plenty to share and keep in reserve.
HOW IT’S MADE:
- Line a baking pan with wax paper, and cover bottom with ⅓ of your peppermint candy.
- Double-boil milk chocolate chips and half of your powdered sugar over lightly boiling water until melted, being careful to stir often and scrape the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add in oil and stir.
- Pour chocolate over the peppermint candy and add another layer of peppermint candy on top. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt your white chocolate the same way you melted the milk chocolate, using the other half of your powdered sugar and mix in the peppermint flavoring.
- Pour it over your hardened peppermint bark along with your caramel sauce. Sprinkle the rest of your peppermint over mixture and refrigerate again for approximately one hour.
- Once the white chocolate has hardened, break it up and serve!
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: allrecipes.com