05 Dec Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Capture the delightful flavor of a candy cane melting into a cup of steaming cocoa with this recipe for double chocolate peppermint cookies. Pop a tray of them in the oven during your next get-together to watch your guests erupt with holiday cheer.
Makes: 24 cookies
Cook Time: 13-15 minutes
What You Need:
- 1 box Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 stick of butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup peppermint bits, divided
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
How To Do It:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir cake mix, butter, eggs and peppermint extract together until thoroughly combined.
- Stir 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 peppermint bits into the mix.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to divide dough onto baking sheets. Use the remaining chocolate chips and peppermint bits as garnish if you like.
- Place cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies are puffy and not glossy.
- Once baked, allow the cookies to breathe for a few minutes on the baking sheets before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Let’s Get Cooking!
Everything you need to get started is waiting online or in-store!Shop STREETside Find a Store