07 Dec Holiday Herb-Crusted Roast Beef
Get ready for your home to smell amazing because this recipe for Herb-Crusted Roast Beef is almost as tantalizing as it is tasty. Make it for your next holiday gathering for an evening of entertaining your guests will never forget.
Makes: 6 to 8 Servings
Cook Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
What You Need:
- Rancher’s Reserve Top Round Roast (3lb)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped fine
- 2 tbsp minced fresh thyme
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- Rosemary leaves (for garnish)
How To Do It:
- In a small bowl, mix parsley, thyme, and shallot.
- Remove 2 tbsp of the herb mix and set aside in another bowl.
- Add mustard and 1 tbsp of oil to the original herb mix and whisk together until combined.
- In the other bowl of herb mix, mix butter with a fork until everything is combined well.
- Butterfly the roast and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mustard mixture throughout the interior of meat with your hands.
- Return the meat to its original shape and tie with kitchen twine.
- Let beef rest in the fridge at least 4 hours.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- When ready, heat remaining oil in a large, oven-safe skillet and sear beef on all sides, until slightly browned.
- Once ready transfer to oven and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the meat thermometer reads 135-140 degrees (for medium rare).
- Transfer beef to a cutting board to sit.
- Spread a generous dollop of the herb butter over the roast and cover with foil.
- Let sit for an additional 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Hungry for the Holidays?
Order everything you need to feed the festivities in-store or online!Shop STREETside Find a Store