07 Dec Red Wine Prime Rib
When you’re cooking for the holidays, the last thing you want to skimp on is flavor. Luckily this recipe for Red Wine Prime Rib is savory enough to knock your taste buds into the new year.
Makes: 6 to 8 Servings
Cook Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
What You Need:
- Bone-in prime rib roast (6 lbs)
- 3 tbsp Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed from stem and chopped
How To Do It:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Generously season prime rib with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place seasoned prime rib on a rack inside a roasting pan and let it roast for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn down oven heat to 350 degrees and roast until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the roast measures 130 degrees (for a medium rare finish).
- Place cooked prime rib on a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Place the roasting pan on two burners at high heat.
- Add butter and use a wooden spoon to stir and scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Next, add beef stock and red wine.
- Cook mixture until liquid is reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Mix in rosemary and salt and pepper to your liking.
- Slice meat into personal steaks and top with red wine sauce.
Hungry for the Holidays?
Order everything you need to feed the festivities in-store or online!Shop STREETside Find a Store