12 Sep Sip Your Way to Victory
The only thing sweeter than the refreshing taste of this sangria is sipping it with your whole team through all four quarters!
Prep Time: 5 min | Chill Time: 4 hours | Total Time: 4 hours 5 mins | Serves: 1 Pitcher
- 1 bottle cabernet sauvignon
- 1 ½ cup apple cider
- ½ apple brandy
- ¼ cup cinnamon simple syrup
- 2 soaked cinnamon sticks (from cinnamon simple syrup)
- 1 fuji apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small green pear, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ small pomegranate seeded
- ½ orange, thinly sliced
For the Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- Combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan, bringing it to a boil over high heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the syrup to a container with a lid, add the cinnamon sticks and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 48 hours.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and save to add to the sangria mix.
For the Sangria
- In a large (fridge safe) container, combine the wine, apple cider, apple brandy, cinnamon simple syrup and thinly sliced fruit.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Once ready, transfer to sangria glass and add cinnamon sticks to garnish.
Ready to sip on this fall flavored drink at your next tailgate?
Shop online to have the ingredients delivered right to your door! Visit your Market Street store for more ideas to make this tailgating season a winning-streak.Shop Online Find a Store