23 Apr Southwestern Beef Tacos
Good Tex-Mex tacos are a staple in any household, and we just so happen to have your next favorite dish ready for you to whip up. This recipe adds pizzaz to a family classic to mix things up on your menu. Psst! Don’t forget to top off your taco with an above average scoop of guacamole or your favorite salsa!
Serving Size: 10 | Cook Time: 16 min
What You Need:
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 to 3 drained canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Guacamole as garnish
How To Do It:
- Over medium-high heat, warm a nonstick skillet over and coat pan with cooking spray.
- In the skillet, saute onions and garlic in olive oil until fragrant.
- Add beef to skillet—cook until browned and stir constantly to crumble beef.
- Mix in corn, water, salt, black pepper, black beans, tomato sauce and canned chiles.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Warm tortillas in microwave or on grill according to your preference.
- Add ½ cup beef mixture into each tortilla and garnish with cheese and guacamole!
Ready to Get Started?
Get busy in the kitchen by visiting a store near you or shopping online with Market Street.Shop Online Find a Store