16 Mar Sweet On Strawberry Sorbet
Hooray for sorbet! Not only is this recipe the perfect way to cool down from a hot spring day, it’s also easy to make and is the equivalent of giving your immune system a high-five!
- 2 lbs. strawberries (stems and leaves removed)
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup raw honey
- mint leaves
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor.
- Place the strawberry mixture in a gallon ziplock freezer bag and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, until cold.
- Cut one corner off the plastic bag and squeeze the mixture into an ice cream maker. Churn according to manufacturer’s instructions (approximately 90 minutes).
- Place the churned sorbet in a freezer safe container, cover, and freeze until semi-firm.
- Serve immediately and top with mint leaves.
- Return any unused portion to the freezer as soon as possible.
Recipe inspired by cucinadeyung.com