16 Mar Sweet on Strawberry Tea
Thirsty? Raise a glass to this delightful twist on a Southern classic.
- 3 cups water in a pot
- 6 tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 cups of water in a pitcher
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 basket of fresh strawberries
- Mint leaves
- Over high heat, bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add 6 tea bags.
- Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes, then remove the tea bags.
- Add 1 cup of sugar to the hot tea and combine thoroughly.
- Remove leaves from the strawberries and chop into pieces.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the strawberries for 45 seconds.
- Pour tea and sugar mixture over the 7 cups of water in your pitcher and combine well.
- Next, mix the strawberry puree into your tea and add the lemon and lime juice. Mix well.
- If necessary add sugar until tea is at your desired sweetness, serve over ice and garnish with a mint leaves.
Recipe inspired by myincrediblerecipes.com