05 Dec The Merriest Sugar Cookies
In the land of yuletide cravings, happiness is a warm sugar cookie. Bring joy to your holiday kitchen with this recipe for the merriest sugar cookies of the season.
Makes: 30 cookies
Cook Time: 10 minutes
What You Need:
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of powdered sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Food coloring, as desired
- Sprinkles, colored sugar, or other cookie decorations, as desired
How To Do It:
- Beat 1 cup sugar and the butter with an electric mixer until creamy, then add egg and vanilla (beating for 30 seconds) before adding flour (beating at low speed until combined).
- Put the dough on a lightly-floured piece of parchment paper, and roll to 1/4-inch thickness. Place the roll on a baking sheet and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Cutting the dough with lightly floured 2-inch cutters, place slices 1/2 inch apart on two lined baking sheets. Roll the scraps and repeat process.
- Bake each sheet at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes, then cool on a wire rack (about 30 minutes).
- Whisk together frosting ingredients until you have a thick mixture. Once satisfied with the thickness of the frosting, add to cookies and transfer to a wire rack. Decorate as desired before letting them stand for an hour.
Preheat Your Oven.
Make this recipe tonight by shopping everything you need online or in-store!Shop STREETside Find a Store