02 Dec Champagne Winterberry Cocktail Recipe
This winter cocktail is everything you need to weather the cold nights with flavor. When hot cocoa isn’t enough to shake the chill from your bones, this tart mixer might do the trick.
HOW TO DO IT:
- In a small pan, warm honey and water over medium heat, stirring often.
- Just before the mixture starts boiling, turn off heat and add one pound of blackberries and 5- 6 sage leaves, stirring until completely blended.
- After the mixture has cooled and blackberries have fully broken down into the syrup, pour entire mixture into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Remove seeds by pouring mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Refrigerate immediately.
- Add a tablespoon or two of the mixture to the bottom of your glass before pouring in the champagne.
- Garnish with extra blackberries, sage, and thyme and enjoy!
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: dishingupthedirt.com